Sunday, May 3, 2009

inside out.


i have always admired the young actress emmy rossum. she is so gentle yet seductively talented with her acting and singing. you will remember her most in her role as christine in the phantom of the opera starring opposite gerard butler. in 2007, emmy debuted her first solo album called "inside out." i bought it as soon as i heard about it.

i love it.

you have to kind of like calming, running-through-a-field-of-flowers- type music to really appreciate it. and i do. haha her voice is so angelic. she wrote nearly every song her way. she wanted it to be like that. all the many voices in each song you hear is emmy. she recorded herself singing each high and low note and then combined them all to make each song. her voice also substitutes many instruments. i remember reading in an article about her once that she wanted to create an album that was her and what was inside her.

here are some pictures of her from her album and her first music video, "slow me down" which is one of my favorites from the cd.

the song lyrics are from her song "falling." it is one of my other favorites.

.


What's coming over me

I've no control

I hear a voice saying get a hold

Of yourself you seem like
Someone else I don't know


Where have my senses gone,

I lost my way

With every touch you intoxicate

Pull me in, stop making

My head spin, I'm losing it

Upside down my feet

can't find the ground

My mixed up mind's a blur

I trip on every word


Cause I'm falling, falling fast

Like I always do

Tell me it won't pass

I've everything to lose

Stop me before I go too far

Go on go on keep me falling

Hold my tongue before I say too much

Please don't run

I need to know because

I'm gonna let go c'mon catch me

Go on go on keep me falling

You are everywhere inside my head

And I'm all tangled up in your web

So surreal but I like how it feels

In this reverie

Just a look and I'm not thinking straight

I'm addicted I don't wanna wait I'm letting go

Of everything that I know, I'm losing it

Up and down my spine go shock waves now

Tumbling heels over head

Lost in this maze again

Cause I'm falling, falling fast

Like I always do

Tell me it won't pass

I've everything to lose

Stop me before I go too far

Go on go on keep me falling

Hold my tongue before I say too much

Please don't run I need to know because

I'm gonna let go c'mon catch me

Go on go on keep me falling

the songs on the album:

1. slow me down: the first single and the favorite of most.

2. inside out: the song that is also the title of the album. i like this one because it kind of causes you to sway back and forth listening to it. it is very relaxing. it is about how she wonders if you will still love her if you see what she has inside.

3. stay: this one is not my favorite mainly because of the beginning. i am not a fan of the sound of the many voices singing.

4. falling: one of the ones i like the best. it is about "fallin" in love. :)

5. the great divide: this one is phenominal because emmy's voice is incredible. she said in an interview that she had to work for days practicing to train her voice to preform such range.

6. lullaby: this one isn't really a lullaby to me. it is very much like "stay" in the aspect of i do not like the beginning voices. but i like the rest of the song.

7. don't stop now: i love this one too. it is kind of sad because it is about a girl and how she is in love with a man but he doesn't love her back. he loves another. so she is saying that the only way she can get over it is if he continues to ignore her.

8. high: this one is a 50/50 for me. i don't love it but i don't hate it. it is one of the more faster one ones. but none of her songs are really faster, haha, just a little faster than the rest.

9. a million pieces: i like this one as well. except for the beginning verse. her voice sounds a little strange in my opinion.

10. rainy days and mondays: this song is a remake from way back in the day. i love it just because i can listen to it when i am depressed. :)

11. anymore: this one means a whole lot to emmy. she wrote it for her dad who left her and her mum when she was really little. i like this one too.

photos found on emmy's website:




please check this beautiful album out. emmy worked her ass off to make this her own. it is very different than you would expect and very unlike the popular music of today. and this is why i love it.

.

keep daydreaming. :)

No comments: