Wednesday, April 8, 2009
as you can see, i got myself a new layout for my blog. hopefully i can get used to everything on the left now. haha. me mum and sister are down in salt lake city today to look for a prom dress. i was asked to prom too by a good friend of mine but we are not going to go. i hate dances. i can't dance. and they are fu**ing expensive. i would rather spend my money on something i could use in the future. not on a dress i will only wear once and on photos that i know i will look like hell in anyways. whatever. haha instead, the guy that asked me and i are going to go down to salt lake city ourselves and hang out for the day down there. much like something i would rather do than go to a dance that i know will be a disapointment. but anyways.
i finally finished my friend's commision she had for me. she wanted me to paint two faeries to hang up in her daughter's bedroom. i took quite awhile due to my demanding schoolwork. plus it was my first real commision and i was extremely nervous that she wouldn't like them. but she seemed to like them quite a lot and her daughter even named the faeries "anne" and "flowery". the daughter is five years old. haha i am so relieved that the liked them, plus my friend payed me fifty dollars for the two eight by eleven pieces so not bad in my book.
oh my, i have not eaten much since yesterday afternoon and it is now 1:15 PM here in dismal utah. guess what i had for breakfast? saltine crackers. yes, completely nourishing and filling... i was being sarcastic. haha i have nothing in the house to eat. i crave a frapaccino right now. i know that isn't exactly "healthy" either but it sure is filling.
hey check out this song i am listening to right now. it is very pretty:
imogen heap by not now but soon
sorry i am rambling so much right now. i am so bored and want to get out of the house! the weather is finally warming up a bit and i want to experience it before it goes away!
i think i found the picture from the drifter and the gypsy blog.
i found this very deep and well thought quote on http://newbornhippy.blogspot.com/
i love it.
"You ever look a picture of yourself, and see a stranger in the background?. It makes you wonder how many strangers have pictures of you. How many moments of other peoples life have we been in. Were we a part of someone's life when their dream came true or were we there when their dream died. Did we keep trying to get in? As if we were somehow destined to be there or did the shot take us by surprise. Just think, you could be a big part of someone elses life, and not even know it."
i think it would be such an interesting thing to know that you were a meaningful and adored person in another's life. i hope i am to someone. someone out in the world. and i don't even mind not knwing who it is. i just lust for the fact that i am. somewhere.
Monday, April 6, 2009
the most ten honest things about me are:
1. i am an artist. not just because i can draw or paint. but because i am creative and i think. i strive to be original and thrive on new experiences and ideas.
2. i am stubborn. very stubborn. i have never in my life gone for someone else's ideas or opinions just to fit in. i have my own thoughts so i don't need your help with defining them. being stubborn gets me teased a lot by my guy friends. ;)
3. i am a city girl. i do not enjoy the country very much. every-now-and-then i can go to the country-side and enjoy the fresh air. but i hate the smell of cows and other farm animals. not only that, but rarely anything happens in the farm lands. everything is so quiet. which brings me to number four.
4. i need noise in my life. i need action. i need adventure. i have to constantly be listening to music or i go crazy from the silence. something has to be going on around me or i get bored.
5. although people would never guess it from me, i am a romantic. i love fairytales, not disney fairytales, but real stories like Romeo and Juliet and A Midsummer Night's Dream. i love flowing dresses, lace, photography of women in dreamy settings, poetry, and real love and calming music.
6. i am fasinated by the female body. no, i am not interested in women in a love way. i am not a purvert. i just think we are beautiful creatures. women are such magical beings that deserve to be recognized so. i suppose that is why i tend to only draw women.
7. i want to go to italy one day and hope to live in seattle, washington after i graduate highschool in less then two months. i have always adored italy. i used to live in washington since i was born until i was five. then i moved to dull and unchanging utah for my poppa's work purposes. but i still visit it often and love it so much.
8. in truth, i had severe depression since i was very small until i reached the age of seventeen. i had a lot of family problems that caused me to have a very sad childhood. most people wish they could go back, i rather die.
9. i believe in these two sayings more than any others:
regrets are mistakes you don't learn from
forgiveness means you've given up the hope that the past will be different
i don't know who said those because i have used them in my life for years and have forgotten the quoters.
10. it has taken my whole life, but i am finally appreciating life and accept myself for who i truely am inside.
so i took a quiz and found out a little bit about myself, according to my birthday month. i found the quiz on facebook so you can find it there. here are the results:
"Has lots of extraordinary ideas. Difficult to fathom. Think forward. Unique. Brilliant. Sharp thinking. Fine, strong clairvoyance. make good doctors. Dynamic. Secretive. Inquisitive. Know how to dig secrets. Always thinking. Less talkative. amiable. Brave. generous. Patient. Stubborn. hardhearted. Determined. Never quit. Hardly become angry unless provoked. Love to be alone. Think differently. Sharp-minded. Motivate self. Doesn't appreciate praises. High-spirited. Well-built, tough. Deep love, emotions. Romantic. Uncertain in relationships. Homely. Hardworking. High abilities. Trustworthy. Honest. Keeps secrets. Cant control emotions. Unpredictable."
i must say i was very impressed by my outcome because this is exactly like me. :).
photo found on google images.
picture found on http://thedrifterandthegypsy.blogspot.com/
1. Respond and rework: Answer the questions on your blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention, add one more question of your own.
2. Tag other un-tagged people.
What's your current obsession?piano music and fairytales
What are you wearing today?sweat pants and a baggy T
What are you looking forward to?i can not wait to move out
What would you like to learn to do?i wish i could play the guitar or piano. and i would like to learn to make my own paper for my art.
What did you have for dinner?i didn't eat yesterday.
What was the last thing you bought?some art supplies i believe from my art teacher.
What are you listening to right now?the drifter and the gypsy's blog piano music.
What is your favorite weather?when it's summer and warm and it starts to rain really quietly.
What is on your bedside table?picture after picture stacked up, some books, and art supplies.
What's your style?i don't really have a certain style. my style is alexandra. i wear what i want.
Which actor/actress do you think is similar to you?well i have been told i look like certain celebs but i think the one actress that is really similar to me is kristen stewart. we don't look alike but our personalities are really similar. all the characters she has played in movies are a lot like me.
What is your most challenging goal right now?i am striving to get my ap art portfolio together.
If you could go back in time to meet anyone in history, who would you meet?cleopatra, anne frank, or shakespeare
What is a fashion style you can't stand?hollister, aeropostale, when girls poof their hair up to the sky, when guys let their pants hang to their ankles, big long chain necklaces that gangsters wear, and yeah.
Favorite vacation spot?seattle or cali
Name the things you cannot live without:my art, my eyes, my hands, my thoughts, my hearing, mystery, romance, fairytales, wonder.
What would you like to get rid of?highschool and it's unnecissary drama and rudeness.
If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go?italy and seattle
What language do you want to learn?french and italian. they are so romantic.
What countries have you visited?the usa and canada.
What are some of the things you like about where you live?.... my friends are nearby.. that's about it.
What's you favorite quality about yourself?um.... i like that i actually think about things. things that no one else really ponders about. i like that i can get myself out of this world and i can create my own. a place where i can really be myself. that world mostly transforms itself into my art.
What is your favorite quote/saying? regrets are mistakes we don't learn from
Say one random fact about yourself:i love scaring people. :)
and i would like to tag Morning Glory Box. :) http://morningglorybox.blogspot.com/
here are my latest interests. i found all of the randomly on google images. i think a few of them are from deviantart but i still discovered them on google. i had nothing to do last night so i just searched for photos that i liked. so here are some of them. i got a bunch more too. but enjoy these!
Sunday, April 5, 2009
i finally did it! i finally got my hair cut and colored! i thought me mum would kill me for getting purple but she actually let it go pretty quick. i am definately not a good photographer so these pics are the best i could do.
this weekend has been so boring and unexhilerating. me mum doesn't let me do anything on this weekend of the year because it is some big religious thing that she believes i need my full attention provided towards so that's why i haven't posted much. as soon as it's over i have a lot to discuss though!
i better get going before i get in trouble. grr.
keep daydreaming and hopefully your weekend is more exciting than mine!